Audio Resources for Class
If you are using music clips for a class assignment, make sure you adhere to the Copyright Fair Use Clause.
- freesound.org (New Resource)
Audacity software Download – A free, open source software for recording and editing sounds in Linux, Mac OS X, and other operating systems.
Directions to change settings in Audacity for recording in class:
- Open Audacity
- Go to “Edit” > “Prefrences”
- Select the “Audio I/O” tab
- Change the Device for Playback and Recording to “SoundMAX HD Audio” and click OK
- Go to “File” > “New”
- In the center of the toolbar at the top of the window you should be able to change the Input from “Rear Input” to “Stereo Mix”
- Record your audio files and mix using the various tools explained in class.