Country Research Project Series – Project 1
Foreign Country Online Research
Project Series Summary/Description
Follow the steps to choose and research a foreign country of your choice. You will gather information about the country’s demographics, government, economy, and tourist attractions. Since you will be leaving for this country the first day of summer break, you will also need to find the costs associated with such a trip. The data that you gather will eventually be used to create a webpage, Mini Movie, and PowerPoint presentation.
Step 1 – Choose your foreign country
Use the list located at the CIA’s World Fact Book Website – NOTE: for this project, the country you choose should NOT be a territory of another country. You can verify this by checking the “government type” on the World Fact Book data page. If the government type is listed as “NA”, you will not be able to use that country for this project. Also, keep in mind that you will need to find flight and hotel information for your country. If you choose an overly obscure country, this will be difficult.
Step 2 – Download Project Documents
Download to your computer, the following two documents OR click here for a GoogleDoc version of the data collection sheet.
Download #1 – Country Project Data Collection Sheet
Download #2 – Works Cited Data Collection Page
Step 3 – Gather data about your country (Learning Objective 1, 2, & 4)
Use the Works Cited Data Collection Pageto keep track of where you find the info. – If you do not keep track of these resources as-you-go, it will be nearly impossible to backtrack your sources. You should have 8 – 11 sources depending on how many items you are able to find at each site.
Resources – Useful Websites
Research Hints: Try these websites to find some of your asterisk * data items:
- Time Conversion – Hint: Click on the “About Us” for work cited info
- Exchange Rate – Site 1; Exchange Rate – Site 2; Exchange Rate – Site 3 – Hint: use site 1, 2, or 3 to find out how many foreign dollars equal one US Dollar.
- Average Temperature – Hint: Look at the bottom of the page for Author and Supporting Organization info
- Travel Information – Site 1; Travel Information – Site 2; Travel Information – Site 3 ; Travel Information – Site 4– Hint: use these sites to find flight and hotel information for travel to your country. If you are not able to find info using one of these sites, use another site.
- Other Data Resource Culture Gram – Use this site for more data on your count